Be part of the Climb experience on The Auslan Climb – our tailored climb designed to enable our hearing-impaired climbers to climb to the summit of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
The Auslan Climb is a guided tour with interpreted commentary in Australian sign language. This Climb is offered twice per month and largely follows the BridgeClimb route; with BridgeClimb Express offered by request.
We believe hearing the stories about the Sydney Harbour Bridge are an important part of the experience. With an Auslan Interpreter joining you on the Climb, all of the Pre-Climb Prep, Health & Safety Essentials, and the fascinating facts and figures about Sydney and the ‘Coathanger’ itself are explained in detail. In addition to this, Auslan climbers will receive a gift as part of their climb experience – a book entitled “The Story of The Sydney Harbour Bridge”. This book contains the stories and information your Climb Leader shared during the Climb experience, and is yours to take away and enjoy after your Climb.
The BridgeClimb Journey
Latching on in the Climb Base below the Bradfield Highway, you will walk on catwalks below the road-deck until you reach the South-East Pylon. Here you will ascend 4 ladders to the start of the upper arch, surrounded by the hum and buzz of Sydney’s traffic. With the summit in your sight, your journey continues along the Bridge’s outer arch on the Opera House side until you hit the top. After a summit celebration with your group, you cross the spine of the Bridge to the Darling Harbour side to make your descent to our Climb Base.
• 3 ½ hours long, max. 14 people per group.
• 1 ,332 steps. (Handrails are present along the Climb route)
• Climbs depart twice per month.
• You can do this Climb during the day. Please enquire now by completing the form below to receive The Auslan Climb schedule.
• Your ticket to the top also includes a BridgeClimb cap, a certificate of achievement, a free climb group photo, a free pass to The Pylon Lookout and “The Story of the Sydney Harbour Bridge” book.
Are you ready to climb? Read our important Pre-Climb Checklist here.
If you are interested in receiving The Auslan Climb schedule, or would like to ask our team any questions, please complete the form below: