We care about the Bridge and the safety of everyone who uses it. We equip you with all the outdoor gear you’ll need for your Climb based on the day’s weather conditions and our Health & Safety Essentials.
For safety reasons, you can’t carry anything with you on the Bridge. We provide secure lockers for you to keep your things in, including phones, cameras and GoPros. Our Climb Leaders will capture photos of you during your Climb.
Can you climb?
Anyone who is generally fit and healthy, 8 years and older and with a sense of adventure is welcome to challenge themselves to the Climb of their Life.
Things You Need To Know:
- You must have an alcohol-blood reading below .05 to climb. Everyone is breathalysed by our staff and anyone over the limit cannot continue.
- If you’re under 24 weeks pregnant, you can climb with a Certificate of Fitness signed by your GP. Please download this form from our website and bring this with you on the day. If you’re over 24 weeks pregnant, you cannot climb.
- You must be over 8 years old and more than 1.2 metres in height. Children aged 8 to 15 must be accompanied by an adult, with a maximum of three children per adult.
- Essential medication like inhalers can be taken on the Climb. Please speak to our staff on the day.
Health & Safety Essentials
To participate you need to have a general level of health and fitness, and the ability to climb independently. On the day, you will be provided with a BridgeClimb Declaration Form for completion. We do our best to help everyone climb, however there are some things that may prevent you from climbing safely, including:
- heart conditions
- respiratory conditions
- physical injuries
- limited limb function, or limb loss
- recent broken bones
- surgery in the past 6 months
- a fit or seizure in the past 6 months will impact your ability to climb
Guide For Parents/Guardians
Yes, children from the age of 8 are welcome to join their parents on the Climb Of Their Life. When considering whether this activity will be right for your child, we would like you to consider the following:
- Safety is, and always will be, our number one priority for all of our Climbers.
- We will equip kids of this age in smaller BridgeSuits, belts, mittens, or fleeces based on the day’s weather conditions.
- Climbing the Bridge is an all-age experience. The stories our Climb Leaders share during the experience is appropriate for a broad age range.
- Children will be required to climb with and next to their parent/guardian.
- To climb the Bridge, children must be 8 years old and 120cm tall to participate.
- Parents/guardians must remain with their children throughout the Climb experience, and must assist BridgeClimb staff by managing their equipment preparation and behaviour.
Fear of Heights
We have helped thousands of people challenge their fear of heights by climbing to the top of the Bridge. If you are apprehensive, our team specialise in enabling you to overcome your fears to climb to the top of Bridge.
We care about our climbers; so please be aware that even if you have made a booking we reserve the right to decline participation or modify your Climb to keep you safe. Health & Safety Essentials are subject to change at our discretion.