We care about the Bridge and the safety of everyone who uses it, including pedestrians, cyclists, motorists, and you – our Climber! We equip you with all the outdoor gear you’ll need for your Climb based on the day’s weather conditions and our Health & Safety Essentials.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
On the day of your climb:
- You must have an alcohol-blood reading below .05 to climb. Everyone is breathalysed by our staff and anyone over this limit cannot continue.
- You must be 8 years old and 1.2 metres in height, or greater.
- Children aged 8 to 15 must be accompanied by an adult, with a maximum of three children per adult.
- For safety reasons, you can’t carry anything with you on the Bridge. We provide secure lockers for you to keep your things in, including phones, cameras and GoPros. Our Climb Leaders will capture photos of you during your Climb.
HEALTH & SAFETY ESSENTIALS: CAN YOU CLIMB?
Anyone who is generally fit and healthy, 8 years and older and with a sense of adventure is welcome to challenge themselves to the Climb of their Life. Please read the Health & Safety Exceptions to ensure you’re able to climb (below).
To participate you need to have a general level of health and fitness, and the ability to climb independently. On the day, you will be provided with a BridgeClimb Declaration Form for completion.
The following health considerations may impact your ability to climb safely:
- if you’re under 24 weeks pregnant, you can climb with a Certificate of Fitness signed by your GP. Please download this form from our website and bring this with you on the day. If you are more than 24 weeks pregnant, you cannot climb.
- heart conditions
- respiratory conditions
- current or recent physical injuries
- limited limb function, limb loss or limb difference
- surgery, from which you are still recovering
Essential medication like inhalers can be taken on the Climb. Please speak to our staff on the day.
HEALTH & SAFETY EXCEPTIONS:
We do our best to help everyone climb, however there are some things that will prevent you from participating in a climb, including:
- a fit or seizure in the last six months
- broken bones
- if you are 24 weeks pregnant, or greater
- under 8 years of age
- under 1.2 metres tall
We care about our climbers; so please be aware that even if you have made a booking we reserve the right to decline participation or modify your Climb to keep you safe. Health & Safety Essentials & Exceptions are subject to change at our discretion.
GUIDE FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
Yes, children from the age of 8 are welcome to join their parents on the Climb Of Their Life, provided they are 1.2 metres in height or taller. When considering whether this activity will be right for your child, we would like you to consider the following:
- Safety is, and always will be, our number one priority for all of our Climbers.
- We will equip kids of this age in smaller BridgeSuits, belts, gloves, or fleeces based on the day’s weather conditions.
- Climbing the Bridge is an all-age experience. The stories our Climb Leaders share during the experience is appropriate for a broad age range.
- Children will be required to climb with and next to their parent/guardian at all times.
- Parents/guardians must remain with their children throughout the Climb experience, and must assist BridgeClimb staff by managing their equipment preparation and behaviour.
FEAR OF HEIGHTS
We have helped thousands of people challenge their fear of heights by climbing to the top of the Bridge. If you are apprehensive, our team specialise in supporting and enabling you to overcome your fears to climb to the top of Bridge. Read more about our tips and techniques here.