Take your students on an immersive journey through the Sydney Harbour Bridge as they learn from history exploring the ins-and-outs of this 1920s engineering masterpiece. The customised Science School Excursion Climb presents a unique and real life case study, as students are guided through the heart of the Bridge with the architecture at their fingertips. Stage 4: year 7 &8.
CLIMB EXCURSION DETAILS
Learning from their Climb Leader, the Science School Excursion Climb is aimed at Stage 4 students and has been developed in collaboration with industry professionals to ensure that the practical case study aligns directly with the current curriculum. It provides students with a comprehensive theoretical and practical real-life case study, covering the below subject matters:
Physical World and Chemical World (Science):
- PW1 Change to an object’s motion is caused by unbalanced forces acting on the object
- PW2 The motion of objects can be described and predicted using the laws of physics
- CW1 The properties of the different states of matter can be explained in terms of the motion and arrangement of particles
- CW4 In a chemical change, new substances are formed, which may have specific properties related to their uses in everyday life
Through its portfolio of education products, BridgeClimb Sydney strives to nurture student’s curiosity and interest in Science by providing a memorable and educational learning experience.
- Pre-Climb Teacher Info Pack
- Guided Climb with a professional Climb Leader
- Teacher Pack Excursion Program including lesson activities and resources directly connected with the excursion, using syllabus outcomes
- Student Activity Sheet for completion post-Climb
- Key representatives from the BridgeClimb team, present to offer in-depth insights into the Bridge maintenance and engineering
- Brief and de-brief session in the BridgeClimb Cinema
- Complimentary Group Photo at the Summit
- Commemorative BridgeClimb Cap for each student
- FREE Entry into the Pylon for each student
- All outdoor equipment
- Certificate of Achievement
Our Climb times vary between 1.5 – 3.5 hours. These times do not include the pre and post enhancements outlined above. These sessions are designed for groups of 10 or more.
Have a sneak peek at some of the content covered in this special Climb: