Easter is finally here, which means four days of eating chocolate with no remorse! However, if you want something more than that, we have lined up the best things to do – Whether you’re a Sydney local staying home, or you’re visiting from out of town, here’s some of our favourite events to make the most of the holidays:
- Visit a country fair on an epic scale: For two weeks over the school holidays, Easter Sydney Showground is home to the Royal Easter Show. Take a ride on the fairground, take alpacas for a walk, load up your arms with show bags and enjoy a fireworks show every night!
- Take the kids Easter Egg Hunting: The Easter Bunny is heading to the Royal Botanic Gardens this Saturday and Sunday for some good old-fashioned fun, including egg and spoon races and, of course, the traditional egg hunt.
- Get Arty: If you haven’t checked it out yet, make some time this weekend to visit the 21st edition of the Biennale of Sydney. With work from 70 artists spread across 7 venues (including the MCA, the Opera House and Cockatoo Island), there’s enough art to entertain you for the whole long weekend!
- Cook up a storm: The Sydney Fish Market is extending its opening hours this Good Friday from 5am through to 5pm: head there to grab all your seafood supplies for your Easter meals. They’re expecting 50,000 shoppers to snap up the 650 tonnes of fresh seafood available on the day.
- Get the best view of Sydney: Climbing to the summit of the Sydney Harbour Bridge is an experience that the whole family can enjoy – and the weather this Easter couldn’t look any better for it! With Climbs departing during the day, at twilight and at night, it’s the perfect time to tick it off your bucket list.
FIND OUT MORE
With Climbs during the day, twilight and night, there is plenty for you to enjoy this Easter Holiday. To find out more about our Climbs, go here.