BridgeClimb invites Climbers to uncover stories that span thousands of years to the present day. Become immersed in Sydney’s Aboriginal history, and 360-degree views, as our First Nations Storyteller takes you on a journey both back in time, and to the top of the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Video credit: Destination NSW
With Burrawa — a local Aboriginal word that means “above” or “upwards”— you can experience unrivalled views of the Indigenous landmarks around Sydney Harbour including Bennelong and Barangaroo, while hearing the stories of Australia's First Nations people. Climbers will be encouraged to experience the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and its view from an Aboriginal perspective; looking down on the shores where Patyegarang taught William Dawes the language of Sydney; and learning the origins of the familiar place names that circle the water’s edge, Bennelong Point and Barangaroo.
Join us in celebrating National NAIDOC Week (2 - 9 July 2023) with additional Burrawa Climbs designed to share and celebrate Sydney's rich Indigenous history. As part of this initiative, we are proud to contribute $100 of the ticket price to our charity partner, Tribal Warrior.
The 2023 National NAIDOC Week theme is 'For Our Elders,' emphasising the importance of honouring and respecting Aboriginal Elders. We invite you to learn more about this here.
burrawa CLIMB ROUTE
The Burrawa Climb will run on our Summit Climb Route, journeying along the upper arch of the Bridge. The entire experience runs for a total of 3 hours.
- Climbs run weekly, every Wednesday and Saturday at 9:15 and 13:45.
- Additional Climbs will be running the week of the 2nd to the 9th of July in celebration of National NAIDOC Week.
- $20 donation to our charity partner - Tribal Warrior
- $100 donation to our charity partner - Tribal Warrior during National NAIDOC Week (2 to 9 July 2023)
- The Burrawa Climb is a tailored climb experience hosted by a First Nations Storyteller who will share facts and stories about the Aboriginal culture, languages and history of Sydney
- The experience also features a few special touches along the way to immerse you in the indigenous experience
- Every climber will receive a BridgeClimb cap and commemorative Burrawa Climb certificate of achievement
CORPORATE AND SCHOOL GROUP BOOKINGS
The Burrawa Climb is available on weekdays by request for Corporate or School group bookings. Please contact our team to discuss availability and receive a bespoke quote.
About our Charity Partner - Tribal Warrior
All the work that occurs at Tribal Warrior, an Aboriginal led not-for-profit in Redfern NSW, is to meet their mission of empowering community through culture and family and to support young people and their families.
Their mentoring programs and community development work is at the heart of their not-for-profit and the reason why they exist. They believe in investing in younger generations and their families to ensure the strength of Aboriginal culture anchors their decisions and life choices.
Tribal Warrior run three core mentoring programs that focus on supporting Redfern based Indigenous youth, restoration of families and programs for inmates, all of which aim to instil the core principles of culture, routine and discipline. In addition to mentoring, you may also see them out on the Mari Nawi (Big Canoe), their boat that delivers cultural cruises on Sydney Harbour where passengers learn about the unique and rich Aboriginal stories and history of Sydney Harbour, training Indigenous people to gain maritime qualifications or in workplaces facilitating cultural awareness training.
Acknowledgement of Country
BridgeClimb acknowledges the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation, the Traditional Owners of the land on which BridgeClimb operates.
We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging, and recognise their continuing connection to lands, waters and communities.
Proud member of Australia's Discover Aboriginal Experiences
Our Burrawa Climb is part of Australia's signature collection of authentic Aboriginal travel experiences.
- Can children climb?
- What can I expect when I climb with my children (8 to 15 years)?
- Can seniors climb?
- Can people with a fear of heights climb?
- Can pregnant women climb?
- What are the climbing conditions on the Bridge?
- Can I take a camera or video camera?
These questions and more are all answered on our FAQs page.
'Afterpay' allows you to purchase a BridgeClimb experience today and pay for it over 4 equal fortnightly payments, interest free. ' Zip' gives you a 100% interest-free line of credit as well as full flexibility over repayments. Simply select your preferred payment method during checkout and we will see you atop the Sydney Harbour Bridge soon!