What to do in Sydney this Labour Day Long Weekend
The long weekend is almost here and it looks like the temperature is warming up nicely too. Be sure to make the most of the three days with our list of the best things to do around Sydney!
- Jazz it up: Head over to Manly Beach this weekend for the annual Manly Jazz Festival. Soak in the sun whilst enjoying the smooth sounds of jazz performed by both local and international artists. Why not make a whole day of it and take the famous Manly Ferry from Circular Quay to enjoy the breathtaking views of the Sydney Harbour. When passing the Sydney Harbour Bridge make sure to look up and wave to our Climbers!
- Spot some whales: Whale watching season runs from March to November, so make the most of these last weeks by hopping on a whale watching cruise, or keep your eyes peeled from one of Sydney’s many vantage points.
- The finals countdown: Sports fans are in for a treat this Labour Day weekend with both the AFL and NRL finals taking place on Saturday and Sunday. If you haven’t been lucky enough to score tickets, head to your nearest pub – the atmosphere is sure to be exhilarating!
- Get those stomach muscles working for the last days of Sydney Fringe Comedy held at The Factory Theatre, Marrickville. Laugh, eat, drink and enjoy a range of comedy acts from Australia and overseas.
- 5. Get the best views over Sydney Harbour: There are many vantage points across the city to take in the views, but none quite as spectacular as the Sydney Harbour Bridge. If you are a Sydney local staying home this long weekend, there is no better time to tick climbing the Bridge off your bucket list!
If you’re interested in climbing with us this long weekend, visit our Climbs page to book and find out more about our different experiences. .