5 REASONS TO CLIMB AT TWILIGHT
Everyone loves a good sunset, but experiencing the transition from day to night 134m high above the harbour is truly extraordinary. Dusk is a pretty special moment to climb the Coathanger, and one that you will remember forever. If you’re still not sure if a Twilight Climb is for you, we have put together 5 reasons why you should give it a try:
1. You’ll get to see Sydney during day and at night! This Climb really has the best of both worlds: during your ascent you will see Sydney bathed in the beautiful afternoon light and, after what is sure to be a breathtaking sunset, you will get to experience the city sparkle as it illuminates after dark
2. You can get to experience a sunset like these: They do come in all shades and sizes, but having uninterrupted 360 degree views of the harbour is hard to top.
3. You will really, really soak up the sunset. When was the last time you just sat down to enjoy the spectacle of a beautiful sunset? We don’t get to do this very often, so standing at the top of the Bridge, 134 metres above Sydney Harbour is the perfect opportunity to do just that. Just relax and take in the view.
4. All your pictures will have that ‘golden hour’ glow: How much nicer do pictures look when they are bathed in the evening half-light? You will be the envy of all your friends when you post them on social media!
5. You will create unforgettable memories: Some special moments stay engraved in our memories, and climbing the Bridge will probably be one of them. Twilight is also the favourite time for romantics and proposals, so if you are thinking of popping the question, the top of the Bridge would make a great place. Add a breathtaking sunset to the mix and it’s an experience you will never forget.
And if these reasons weren’t enough, see for yourself what it is like to experience twilight on the Bridge:
TIME OF DAY FACTS:
- Available Climb Types:BridgeClimb (daily), and BridgeClimb Express (weekends only).
- Departure Frequency:363 days of the year (no departures on 30 & 31 December).
- Booking Lead Time:Climbing during twilight is quite popular. We recommend booking in advance. If you are more flexible you can book a few days in advance, or even walk-in on the day and jump onto an available spot.
If you’re interested in climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge during this special time of the day, you can find about the daily departures here.