We equip you with all the outdoor gear you’ll need for your Climb based on the day’s weather conditions and our Health & Safety Essentials.
1. YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY IS IMPORTANT
If you are pregnant, 75 years of age, or older, or have any pre-existing health conditions please refer to the Health and Safety Essentials section below as you may need to provide a doctor’s Certificate of Fitness note before you climb (Please note the Certificate of Fitness must have been completed within the last three months prior to your Climb date). You must have a blood-alcohol reading below 0.05 to climb (the same as if you are driving). We will ask you to complete a BridgeClimb Declaration Form before your Climb. Please be honest about your health so we can ensure your wellbeing is not at risk. All discussions will be confidential.
2. HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR CLIMB
Ensure that you have eaten before your Climb and you’re well-hydrated – the experience can last up to 3.5 hours. Wear comfortable, enclosed rubber-soled shoes such as running, sport or hiking shoes and don’t forget your sunglasses. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing. We’ll equip you with everything else you need for your Climb! Ensure you arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled Climb time to allow enough time to check in.
3. ALL YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS CAN BE STORED IN LOCKERS
We provide FREE secure lockers for you to keep your personal belongings in, including phones, cameras and GoPros. Our Climb Leaders will capture photos of you during your Climb. For safety and security reasons, cameras, video technology and mobile devices are prohibited on the Climb.
4. YOU MUST BE 8 YEARS OLD AND 1.2 METRES IN HEIGHT, OR TALLER
Children aged 8 to 15 must be accompanied by, and are the responsibility of, an adult, with a maximum of three children per adult. Learn more in our guide for parents climbing with children.
5. CLIMBS OPERATE IN ALL WEATHER CONDITIONS
We will equip you with all the gear you need to keep you dry, but remember to bring your own shoes, which should be enclosed, like running shoes. In case of extreme weather conditions like electrical storms or during times of extremely high wind, Climbs may be postponed. If you have any concerns, please contact our team on 1300 90 80 57 or email@example.com.
MORE HEALTH & SAFETY ESSENTIALS
Anyone who is generally fit and healthy, 8 years and older and 1.2 metres in height with a sense of adventure is welcome to challenge themselves to BridgeClimb. Please read our Health & Safety Exceptions below to ensure you’re able to Climb.
To participate you need to have a general level of health and fitness, and the ability to Climb independently. On the day, you will be provided with a BridgeClimb Declaration Form for completion. The following health considerations may impact your ability to climb safely, so please speak to one of our team members prior to your Climb on 1300 90 80 57.
- If you’re under 24 weeks pregnant, you can Climb with a Certificate of Fitness signed by your GP. Please download this form and bring this with you on the day. If you are more than 24 weeks pregnant, unfortunately you cannot Climb.
- If you are 75 years of age, or older, you can Climb with a Certificate of Fitness signed by your GP. Please download this form and bring it with you on the day.
- Heart conditions
- Respiratory conditions
- Current or recent physical injuries, including sprains/strains
- Limited limb function, limb loss or limb difference
- Surgery, from which you are still recovering
Essential medication like inhalers can be taken up on the Climb by your Climb Leader. Please ensure you advise us when you check-in.
HEALTH & SAFETY EXCEPTIONS
We do our best to help everyone Climb, after all, we want everyone to take part in this amazing experience, however there are some things that will prevent you from participating, including:
- A fit or seizure in the last six months
- Broken bones
- If you are more than 24 weeks pregnant
- You’re under 8 years of age
- You’re under 1.2 metres tall.
If you have any questions, or are concerned about your ability to Climb, please check our FAQs or speak to our team for advice before booking. We care about our Climbers; so please be aware that even if you have made a booking we reserve the right to decline participation, rebook or modify your Climb to keep you safe. Health & Safety Essentials & Exceptions are subject to change at our discretion.
FEAR OF HEIGHTS
We have helped thousands of people challenge their fear of heights by climbing to the top of the Bridge. If you are apprehensive, our team specialise in supporting and enabling you to overcome your fears to climb to the top of Bridge. Read our tips.
Yes, children from the age of 8 are welcome to join their parents on the Climb Of Their Life, provided they are 1.2 metres in height or taller. When considering whether this activity will be right for your child, we would like you to consider the following:
- Safety is and always will be our number one priority for all of our Climbers
- We will equip kids of this age in smaller BridgeSuits, belts, gloves, or fleeces based on the day’s weather conditions
- Climbing the Bridge is an all-ages experience. The stories our Climb Leaders share during the experience is appropriate for a broad age range
- Parents/guardians must remain with their children throughout the Climb experience, and must assist BridgeClimb team by managing their equipment preparation and behaviour.