Connect and become part of a global, living icon and experience Sydney, its history and spectacular stories from a new perspective
BridgeClimb Sydney is an iconic Australian experience that takes you on a journey to the top of the nation’s most famous and celebrated structure – the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
As you ascend to the Summit of the world’s largest steel arch, you’ll experience breathtaking moments, spectacular 360-degree views, and fascinating facts from our expert Climb Leaders into the engineering and cultural history of this world-famous icon, while keeping you safe and entertained along the way.
With four different Climb experiences to choose from, there's something for everyone. Climbs run from dawn to dusk, delivering unique and memorable moments on every ascent. Whether it’s watching the city wake at dawn, admiring the spectacular views throughout the day, taking in the romance of twilight, or the illumination of Sydney at night, each Climb will captivate your senses from beginning to end.
Since its launch on 1 October 1998, BridgeClimb has welcomed more than 4 million Climbers, including VIPs and well-known celebrities from around the world, to scale the arches of Australia’s most iconic landmark. The Sydney Harbour Bridge remains the most climbed Bridge globally.
In 2018 Hammons Holdings were appointed by the NSW Government as the new operators of the Sydney Harbour Bridge Tourism Activities. Joint directors, David and Anthea Hammon are committed to injecting new life into the Bridge with experiences that celebrate the icon’s history and make it more accessible and exploring the use of innovative technology to bring the Bridge and its history to life, in fun and educational ways.
Some BridgeClimb highlights:
- 1 October 1998, Paul Cave opened the BridgeClimb doors and for the first time, Climbers were able to ascend to the Summit of the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- April 2003, BridgeClimb welcomed the 1,000,000th Climber!
- October 2004 the Olympic torch was taken to the top, by Australian Olympic athletes, Kieren Perkins and Zali Steggall
- June 2008, BridgeClimb hosted it’s first wedding
- March 2022, BridgeClimb celebrated the 90th Birthday of the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Many celebrities have climbed the Bridge including: Derek Zoolander a.k.a Ben Stiller, Gigi Hadid, Oprah Winfrey, Will Smith, Prince Harry, Matt Damon, Katy Perry, Nicole Kidman, Kylie Minogue, Robert De Niro, Cate Blanchett and Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
You too can be a part of BridgeClimb history! Click below to find out more about our Climbs.
SYDNEY'S HIDDEN GEM
In 2003, BridgeClimb opened the Pylon Lookout and Museum. This unique space allows visitors to explore the iconic South-East Pylon whilst discovering the amazing history of the Bridge. With just over 200 stairs, the walk to the top is worth it. Visitors will be greeted with a unique view of the Bridge and panoramic views of the Sydney Harbour and city skyline.
The Pylon is also one of our event spaces, along with areas of the BridgeClimb base, which are used for corporate events and other celebrations throughout the year.